Tuesday, July 10, 2012

3-D Models

     This is an image of my organic object of a piece of wood.
     These 3-D abstractions are from my first abstract sketch seen on my last blog post ORGANIC ABSTRACTION. For the first one on the left I extruded the pattern from the 2-D to 3-D to give it the illusion of still being 2-d if seen from a plan view. Then I adjusted the angles that the pieces were in to give the object a more dynamic look, I did this from all of these abstractions for this sketch. I took that dynamic look to an extreme for the one in the front right corner. It created an interesting object, but it seem like to much chaos. Then for the one in the middle back,  I when back into extruding the object but giving it an organic curve that the pieces were connected to. I like the composition of this one, it may come in handy for my final design.  


     These two abstraction are of my last two sketches from my ORGANIC ABSTRACTION post. They are both similar in the sense that they both have strong horizontal elements.  the top one is more fluid and the bottom one is more geometric, both seem good in their own way. I like the more fluid 3-D abstractions' free flowing look, but I also like the more geometric ones' order and balance they they carry. My next step is to make some 3-D abstractions with all three sketches, combining some elements with others.
These bottom three abstractions are a combination of all three sketches. I will be working more on a better composition of all of their similar elements. I want to keep in mind the strong diagonal and horizontal elements that my artist has in his work for my abstractions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment