Sunday, September 9, 2012

2-D Concept Sketches

     These five sketches came from abstraction a song (Home, from The Wiz Film). I though about what home meant to use as a hole, not just person to person. So what do most homes around the world have/are? In my mind home seemed to be a place where one goes to relax, find peace, think, feel welcome, and loved. I though about these words when creating my abstractions.

     I looked to the Elements and Principles of design for some insight of these words. Horizontal elements represents stability, restful feel and look. Diagonal elements represent movement, visually active and
dynamic, gives a space a scene of relaxation. Curved elements represent gentle movement or uplifting. Unity through repetition, Radio balance, emphasis through the uses of color. Using all of these elements and principles of design to create harmony in a space.

     I used these elements and principles to guide my 2-D partis. These five seem to be the best abstraction that express or are close to expressing harmony. These partis will help me with my 3-D
 abstractions.

Uris Giron



No comments:

Post a Comment