Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Orange Women

     I am trying to draw a new image every day with different types of medias. This image is called "The Orange Women" it was drawn with a light orange color pencil base and highlighted with AD Xylem-based markers, as well as a white color pencil for highlights.
   
     I learned that if one works quickly with the AD markers, that you can create a nice graduation of colors without visible strokes. As well as how to use different gray bases to saturate a hues' chroma. I wanted to just work with marks for this image because I wanted to practice using them to create a base for pastels, color pencils, and paints to grow on. The white color pencil helps make the image brighter, but I fell that a white pastel or gouache paint would work better to give it a good shine.

     I used orange a blue because they give the image a split complementary composition; the black and gray hair and background help focus the attention on the face. I made the women's eyes green for no  particular reason, I have always found green eyes fascinating.

Media: AD markers / color pencils
Day 1
 8-12-2012

Uris Giron  


No comments:

Post a Comment