Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tree Sketch




           The other day our class went out and sketched some trees for about 15 min, one with no leaves and the other one with them. We wanted to capture the light playing off the trees. The first one I drew was the tree to the left side of the image. I wanted to capture some details with the bark of the tree, but what I put most time into was giving the tree a 3 dimensional look. The shadows that the branches created helped give the image that depth I was looking for. The tree to the right of the image was drawn in a different Style; I wanted to give it a more animated look. So I drew it with strong horizontal lines instead of free flowing lines. I did draw the tree structure free handed.

          I scanned my drawing and cleaned up any ink smudges I made, by using Adobe Photoshop, I also edited and removed the yellow color that my sketching paper had. I wanted the trees to be the main focal point in this sketch. Not a big, black ink,fingerprint smudge.

Uris Giron







No comments:

Post a Comment