Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Contour Lines

       The sketch above was drawn to represent the form of the human body when placing them in a space, in other words, the main focus was on the contour lines. After I drew the contour lines of these people I saw that I need to work more on the details and location of the body and it's parts.
       I used Photoshop to edit out the details of the image. I wanted to see how much of a difference would be made if I was to place an emphases on the contour lines of the people instead of unneeded details. I saw that less detail drawn on the people, placed most of the attention on the space and not on the people themselves. It is good to keep in mind that the details of a person is not as important as the details of a space. Some of the places humans design are meant for people, but a crudely drawn model of a person can detract from where the focus should be on a rendering.
       I gave drawing the contour line another try on my HP Touchsmart laptop. I took it slow and drew the person as just another structure in a space. I kept the idea out of my mind, that I was drawing a person. It helps to draw when you let your mind and body do its thing, without the detraction of unneeded thoughts that can distract your focus.


Uris Giron

No comments:

Post a Comment