Monday, October 8, 2012

Kitchen Plan


This kitchen plan was infulenced by my current concept statement below



Idea Generator

The lyrics from the song, Home, from the Wiz, is the generator for my design. The song carries many points that seem to be universal throughout many different cultures and their homes.


Form-Givers

Most home owners seem to lead in the direction of design harmony; a relaxing place to grow old.  Horizontal elements create a relaxing space and circular elements seem to unify it and its inhabitants. Warm colors are welcoming, relaxing, and comfortable. Harmony can and will be achieved with the right application of these elements.   


Application

Accessibly leads the design by keeping in mind universal function and codes. This fact makes it usable for many different types of patrons. Round tables and furniture are chosen to influence unity through the use of circular elements. The warm color scheme and kitchen soffit make the space cozy. White paint is chosen to give the illusion of a larger space, balancing the influences of the warm colors.  The kitchen is design to encompass two cooks; open space and implied walls are designed to create a connection to people in the dining area with a separation of space with strong horizontal elements. 

     I learned from first hand experiences  why kitchen are so hard to design, hard but fun. They can be the most expensive room in a home, and the most impotent. I need to make sure for the next time, to manage my time a bit better so that I can make a better presentation. I think that my rendering came out nice and I will work harder to make them even better for the future presentation I will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment