Monday, October 8, 2012

House of the Immediate Future/ Knoll

 House of the Immediate Future

Seattle had many thing to show use, but I did not expect to see some of habitat for humanity work that day. The house of the immediate future designed by Miller Hull Partnership, was an interesting concept for a fast build home. All utility in one box was a good idea. It is vary similar to many of the mauler home design that are starting to get popular. Like I said it is an interesting concept I think I could use some more work. The function of the space is OK, but there are some things that just make the home seem not like a home. I think that the designer should have thought a littler more about how the user might use the spaces. For example, I have lived in a home with the washer and dryer on the 3 floor, the thing over flowed and it cost a lot of money to fix the damages. This has happen to many people not just my self and for again for the designer to do the similar thing without including a drain is a little forgetful.

Knoll
Knoll was a fun place to go to. I learned so much and I never thought about home much work goes into design a chair or any other product. I can now understand why they cost so much. They are good, long lasting, and made for the people and their needs not just a general need. I will make sure in the future to keep an eye out for some old knoll products.
When I was their I drew the womb chair by Saarinne
One great chair I want to own one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment