Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wood Floor


     Today I wanted to mix medias so I decided to use marker and color pencils. I used the markers as a base color and the pencils to give additional hue of brown and texture.

     I started with a one point perspective grid to draw on. Then I placed another piece of trace paper on top of the grid to color on.

     I started with three different, but similar hues of brown markers for the wood flooring. Then I used two different color pencils on some parts of the flooring to add some contrast in the hue's chromas. Then I used a peach color pencil all over the floor to give it a nice shine. After that I used a white color pencil to give the illusion of light coming in from the window.





      As you can tell in the last image, the white color pencil was not to visible so I placed some black watercolor paper under the trace paper to make the white more visible.


     This fast drawing taught me several, like using different colored paper for a background to give an image a scene of a different time of day. Next time I will use a darker blue to give a more realistic night view. I also learned how important it is to make sure that there isn't any gaps. I had  way to many. Next week I will give this one anther try to see how I have improved.



Media: AD Markers/ Color Pencils
Day 3
8-14-2012

Uris Giron







No comments:

Post a Comment